The National Association of Phlebotomy Technicians was founded in 2011 and has subsequently tested more than 30,000 healthcare professionals throughout the United States. In 2020 The National Healthcare Certification Organization purchased the NAPT. The NHCO is committed to providing the highest quality healthcare focused examinations and continues to improve with frequent evaluations of profession and industry changes.
General Credentialing Board
- Andrea Migliaccio – Executive Director
- Matt Long – Public Member
- Kaycee Neilson – Practicing Phlebotomist
- Brent Buttars – Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Lareesa Butters RN – Practicing Registered Nurse
Exam Review Committee
This committee meets frequently to evaluate current exam content and update the National Exam with content based on industry changes and updates
- Annie Hollowell – Practicing Phlebotomist
- Heidi Neilson – Practicing Phlebotomist
- Lange Pyper – Practicing Phlebotomist
- Chantel Penney – Practicing Phlebotomist
- Julianne McDougall – Practicing Phlebotomist
NHCO’s mission is to become the gold standard of healthcare related certifications by delivering testing that allied health students can utilize to advance their current skill sets and further their careers in the medical industry.
NHCO provides excellence in healthcare proficiency testing by:
- Developing comprehensive and relevant examinations with frequent changes and updates based on industry standards.
- Ensuring absolute examination integrity and fast score reporting to students.
- Supporting and furthering continuing education, research, and awareness around best practices in all facets of healthcare.
- Integrity: We pledge to provide psychometrically driven, industry current, and unassailable examination processes.
- Public Benefit: Our examinations ensure the highest level of proficiency for both public and private healthcare.
- Excellence: We commit to continually provide the highest quality of examination content, procedure, and reporting.